State Bank of India (SBI), India’s largest bank by asset size and customer base, has a vast number of ATM kiosk situated at different locations of the country. SBI has the largest number of Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) present in the country
with a total count of 58,468 including 25,583 onsite ATMs and 32,885 offsite ATMs, according to the Reserve Bank of India data of April 2019.
All the scheduled commercial banks issues various safety and security guidelines to the customers using ATM-cum-debit cards at ATMs, Point of Sale (PoS) devices, offline merchants, e-commerce portals. According to SBI, the banks’ ATM accepts cards including State Bank of India credit card, all credit/debit cards issued by other banks (both domestic and foreign) displaying Maestro, Master Card, Cirrus, VISA and VISA Electron logos.
SBI 12 golden rules for safe ATM transactions
1. Sign on the reverse of the card immediately on receipt.
2. Change your ATM PIN regularly.
3. Never keep the PIN with the debit card or write on it. Always memorize it.
4. Do not provide the ATM card and PIN details to anyone, including Bank/IBA/RBI/government agency/family/friends, etc. Bank or any other institution will never ask for this information.
5. Do not let strangers come into the ATM room or take their help to complete the transaction.
6. Hide the keypad while keying in your PIN at ATM/PoS terminals.
7. Do not throw your transaction slip in the ATM room as it contains your account information.
8. Always wait till the ATM returns to the idle mode and the green light is blinking.
9. Insist on swiping your card in your presence in hotels/shops/malls, etc.
10. Never swipe your card at PoS machines kept at unknown temporary stalls.
11. Block and destroy your old card, when you get a new one. Register your mobile number at the Branch to get SMS alerts for all transactions
12. Hotlist your card immediately on losing it by calling 18004253800 or 1800112211….Read More>>>